Baltops 2015 B-52

Här kan Du skriva flygrelaterade frågor och inlägg som behandlar både historia eller nutid.

Moderator: Sven-Erik Jönsson

Kant

Baltops 2015 B-52

Inlägg av Kant »

Ifall någon har inside information om B-52:ornas överflygning Ravlunda den 13 juni vore jag tacksam. Jag har "endast" Försvarsmaktens uppgifter, vilka är en smula vaga.
Bengt Ekbladh

Re: Baltops 2015 B-52

Inlägg av Bengt Ekbladh »

Kanske ingen vidare info, men ::

The most spectacular part of these exercises will take place on the 13th of June, when two American B-52 bombers will be flying from the US and simulate dropping naval mines outside Ravlunda on the Swedish east coast. After the mission, which is supposed to simulate the defence of the coast when it is attacked by an amphibious operation, the bombers will return to the US without any stop-overs.
"People in the area will be able to hear it," said Karl Engelbrektson about the exercise.

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.as ... el=6170058

Swedish general Karl Engelbrektson announced that eight U.S. B-52 nuclear bombers will simulate the defense of the Swedish coast against enemy forces in an exercise code-named Baltops. While the B-52 bombers will not be armed with actual U.S. nuclear weapons, the goal “is to increase the different operative capabilities, but also to send clear security political signals that we do these things together with others… How Russia interprets that, they can decide for themselves.”

http://www.inquisitr.com/2113283/world- ... ns-russia/

Fråga;en rote B-52 eller en div,?

Det verkar troligast att 2 B-52 deltar och det kan bli dessa.(nåja mycket kan ju hända på en vecka !)
There will be two B52s at Fairford in this period for a deployment.

7D2 7D
100-400L IS 2
70-200L 2.8
17-40L 4.0

Men::
Are those just two certain? At UKAR they claim a source within USAFE says Fairford is gearing up for 4*Buff 2*Bone for BALTOPS.
Bengt Ekbladh

Operational B-52 debut in Swedish airspace

http://airheadsfly.com/2015/05/20/opera ... -airspace/

Hittade en i mitt tycke intressant historiskt? Planering från förr, eller vad sägs om:

…....The B-52 sea mine drop is an interesting choice.
During the Cold War NATO and Sweden had a secret plan to insert a large US Marine Corps force into the Skåne region of Sweden, in case of a Russian invasion of Western Europe. The Marines were to safeguard the Öresund (The Sound) – the narrow shipping lane between Malmö (Sweden) and Copenhagen (Denmark) that gives entry control to the Baltic Sea from the Atlantic Ocean. …...

Känt frågas?

Marinkårens skändning av skånska stränder äger rum 12-13 juni
> …...> Vet du när B52 kommer?

Den mest omfattande övningen kommer att äga rum den 13 juni. Då kommer
amerikanska flygvapnet för första gången att öva minfällning på svenskt
territorium. Två amerikanska B 52:or lämnar då USA för att flyga över
Atlanten och därefter svepa in över Skåne på låg höjd. Strax utanför
Ravlunda, på svenskt vatten, ska planen därefter simulera minfällning.

– Planen kommer att göra en inflygning på hyfsat låg höjd, som om de
skulle fälla minor, för att sedan åka därifrån. Allmänheten kommer
säkert att både höra och se planen, förklarar Kristina Swaan, major och
informationschef på amfibieregementet.
Planen kommer därefter att flyga vidare mot Bornholm, där de släpper
övningsminor på danskt vatten.
Övningsminorna ska därefter röjas, som
ytterligare en del i övningen.

http://www.kristianstadsbladet.se/sveri ... imrishamn/

Samma dag blir det även skjutning från fartyg ute till havs och man genomför också en landstigningsövning på Ravlundafältet. Från två amerikanska fartyg som ligger ute till havs kommer svenska, polska, finska, brittiska och amerikanska förband att ta sig i land via mindre stridsbåtar.
Kristina Swaan beräknar att några hundra man kommer att landstiga på Ravlundafältet.

Mvh Bengt
Bengt Ekbladh

The wonders of a B-52
 by Senior Airman Malia Jenkins , Minot Air Force Base Public Affairs

6/17/2015

ROYAL AIR FORCE FAIRFORD, England —For more than 50 years, the B-52H Stratofortress has served as the backbone of the United States' strategic bomber force. The B-52 is capable of dropping or launching the widest array of weapons in the U.S. inventory, including gravity bombs, cluster bombs, precision-guided missiles, and joint direct attack munitions to complete its conventional mission.

Many might associate the B-52 with its nuclear role, but today the aircraft and its crews are forward-deployed to Royal Air Force Fairford, England to demonstrate the conventional capabilities the airframe offers.

"Associating the B-52 mission with a conventional mission and dropping conventional bombs is important, because it's a capability that we have and are proficient in and train to all the time," said Capt. Jeffery Shaw, 5th Bomb Wing weapons officer.

While at RAF Fairford, the 23rd Expeditionary Bomb Squadron used three B-52Hs to drop inert munitions into a target zone in Latvia and off the coast of Sweden, participate in simulated air strikes, provide naval support to vessels from 15 countries, and coordinate with Latvian, Polish, and Lithuanian Joint Terminal Attack Controllers.

In a conventional conflict, the B-52 can perform strategic attack, air interdiction, offensive counter-air, close air support and maritime operations.

"This is a pretty phenomenal opportunity because we're integrating the B-52 on an international scale with NATO and Baltic nations," Shaw said. "We have multiple fighter aircraft across this whole area that we're doing close air support work with — Latvian, Lithuanian and Polish JTACs...it's definitely a chance for the B-52 to showcase its capability."

While participating in various training scenarios during BALTOPS 15 and Saber Strike 15, air and ground crew members demonstrate the sustained capabilities of the B-52 and its ability to provide a credible, flexible, and sustained bomber presence anywhere and anytime.

Shaw noted it's important the B-52s are participating in conventional missions in the Baltics, while operating out of a forward deployed location, projecting an expeditionary airpower. This means crew members are able to reinforce their ability to operate from a forward-deployed location and employ the B-52 in a realistic close air support scenario.

Bomber operations provide a visible signal that highlights the United States' ability to deter strategic attacks,and the flexibility and range of the aircraft were seen during Operation Desert Storm, the Gulf War, Operation Allied Force, and Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom.

As seen in previous operations, the B-52 provides the ability to respond to any potential crisis, future crisis, or challenge and their operations shall continue well into 2040.

The aircraft and support personnel deployed from Minot Air Force Base, North Dakota, along with men and women from Whiteman AFB, Missouri; F. E. Warren AFB, Wyoming; Langley AFB, Virginia; Malmstrom AFB, Montana; Navy Munitions Command Unit Charleston, and Barksdale AFB, Louisiana, to support a planned B-2 and B-52 bomber deployment to England.

VIRIN: 150616-F-QW945-008

A B-52H Stratofortress forward-deployed to Royal Air Force Fairford, England awaits a training mission in support of either BALTOPS 15 or Saber Strike 15 on June 16, 2015. Three B-52s and over 200 military personnel deployed to RAF Fairford to participate in the exercises. The focus of Saber Strike 15 is to promote interoperability with regional partners and improve joint operational capabilities in a variety of missions. The goal of BALTOPS 15 is to promote mutual understanding, confidence, cooperation, and interoperability among forces and personnel of participating nations. (U.S. Air Force photo/Senior Airman Malia Jenkins)

A larger, high-res version can be viewed or downloaded here:
http://www.afgsc.af.mil/shared/media/ph ... 45-008.JPG

länken verkar tyvärr inte funka!

Här pratas om 3 B-52 samt att man ::drop inert munitions into a target zone in Latvia and off the coast of Sweden

Inget sägs om Bornholm som var sagt tidigare!

Hur blev det egentligen?
goran

Inlägg av goran »

För den som vill fördjupa sig i Baltops och B52:orna i ett både vidare och djupare samtida säkerhetspolitiskt perspektiv publicerades igår, den 24 juni, en intressant rapport. Den har titeln "The coming storm - Baltic Sea Security Report", och är publicerad av CEPA - Center for European Policy Analysis. Den finns på den här länken:
http://www.cepa.org/content/new-cepa...y-coming-storm

Författare är Edward Lucas, känd och respekterad skribent på bl a The Economist och en flitig och kunnig besökare i Baltikum. Den här gången skriver han alltså för CEPA och intressant att notera är att i CEPA's Advisory Council finns bl a Carl Bildt och Estlands president Toomas Hendrik Ilves (född i Stockholm, uppväxt i New York).

mvh/
goran
Bengt Ekbladh

Tack goran, men::

The requested page "/content/new-cepa...y-coming-storm" could not be found.
goran

Inlägg av goran »

Tack för påpekandet. Härkommer ett nytt försök:
http://www.cepa.org/content/new-cepa-re ... ming-storm

Om inte det funkar nu heller lägger jag in adressen i klartext för copy-paste (möjligen får Du lägga till www. eller kanske tom http://www. i början av adressen):
cepa.org/content/new-cepa-report-baltic-sea-security-coming-storm

Och funkar inte det heller; gå in på http://www.cepa.org, där finns i skrivande stund på förstasidan en direktlänk till Edward Lucas rapport (en bit ner på sidan under "CEPA Analysis / Reports")

mvh/
goran
Skriv svar

Återgå till "Svenskt Flyghistoriskt Forum - allmän del"